SERVPRO of Reno East/Central Sparks Professionally Trained In Mold Remediation
Many people contact us and ask how to know if Mold is present? The EPA offers some great questions to ask yourself.
According to the EPA, the following questions will provide insight if Mold might be present:
• Is there existing moisture problems in the building?
• Have building materials been wet more than 48 hours?
• Are there hidden sources of water or is the humidity too high (high enough to cause condensation)?
• Are building occupants reporting musty or moldy odors?
• Are building occupants reporting health problems?
• Are building materials or furnishings visibly damaged?
• Has maintenance been delayed or the maintenance plan been altered?
• Has the building been recently remodeled or has building use changed?
• Is consultation with medical or health professionals indicated?
Mold spores can hide very well. Frequently they are not as visible as this picture, so it's good to ask yourself these basic questions. We work with Industrial Hygienists that can test to find out exactly what may be hiding and we are professionally trained in Mold Remediation.