Recent Water Damage Posts
SERVPRO of Reno East/Central Sparks the Team to Call When You Need Water Damage Restoration
SERVPRO of Reno East/Central Sparks Available 24/7 for Water Damage Restoration
SERVPRO of Reno East/Central Sparks frequently gets calls from homeowners who have been surprised to find water in their crawl spaces. It can vary from a small amount to a flooded crawl space. The causes vary immensely. Sometimes a leaking pipe can cause a little water in a crawl space and sometimes a broken pipe can cause a flooded crawl space. Irrigation systems can sometimes cause water in a crawl space. No matter the cause the first thing to do is get the water extracted and then confirm the cause of the water in the crawl space, stop the cause of the water and then get the crawl space dried out completely. If you are ever surprised by water in your crawl space, contact SERVPRO of Reno East/Central Sparks, we are IICRC Certified and are available for all of your emergency services, 24/7, call us at 775 827 9944.
SERVPRO of Reno East/Central Sparks Professionally IICRC Trained in Water Damage
SERVPRO of Reno East/Central Sparks Here For You 24/7 When Your Property Floods
If you have lived in the Truckee Meadows for sometime, you know that Springtime and early Summer in the Truckee Meadows can mean flooding in some areas. Creeks can turn in to rivers and rivers can overflow their banks. The result, commercial and residential properties get flooded and suffer water damage. Due to the warmer temperatures, if the water is not dried out quickly and properly, the water damage can lead to mold growth. Mold growth causes even more damage. If your property, whether it be a commercial property or a residential property floods, it's critical to get the water cleaned up, remove all damaged items and get the area dried out properly. At SERVPRO of Reno East/Central Sparks we specialize in water clean up and dry out. Our team of IICRC professionals are here to service your needs 24/7. Call us at 775 827 9944.
SERVPRO of Reno East/Central Sparks the Team to Call When Your House Floods
When your house floods, call SERVPRO of Reno East/Central Sparks.
Living in Reno and Sparks we all know that Springtime can mean flooding. When the snow melts in the mountains, our creeks can turn into rivers and our rivers can double in size flooding low lying areas and quite frequently causing flooded houses. When your house floods call SERVPRO of Reno East/Central Sparks immediately, 775 827 9944! We are open 24/7. The faster you call the sooner we can use our state of the art equipment to get your flooded areas dry. Why is it so important to dry it out fast? Because mold can start to grow very quickly. The warmer the weather gets the faster mold grows. If you dry it out as fast as possible you avoid the possibility of mold growing and increasing your costs. It's your responsibility to get the water dried up properly. If it's not dried out in a timely manner you risk mold causing more damages. It's very important to get a professional that has been professionally trained and has the professional equipment to dry out any water damage, ASAP. At SERVPRO we are the experts of making it "Like it never even happened."
24 Hr. Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Reno East/Central Sparks is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 775 827 9944
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Reno East/Central Sparks has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO Reno East/Central Sparks
SERVPRO of Reno East/Central Sparks specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
SERVPRO of Reno East/Central Sparks Repairs Water Damage in Historical Home in Reno, NV
Water Damage to Ceiling with Antique
Can you imagine having extensive water damage in your historical home? If this happens to you, please know that the Team at SERVPRO of Reno East/Central Sparks has worked these kind of jobs many times. When your historical home or building suffers water damage and you want to save your antique molding and any other details. Call SERVPRO of Reno East/Central Sparks. We have a very detail orientated team that will make sure to save as much as physically possible. On this job, all of the very ornate antique molding was saved. Our crew meticulously hand cut out the dry wall around the molding. They were able to save all the molding so the reconstruction company could build around it. This historical home in Reno kept all of it's historical value due to a very fast response from our SERVPRO of Reno East/Central Sparks team.
What to Expect in a Nevada Flood
Nevada Floods: What to Expect?
It seems like it happens every year; the Truckee River overflows and all of your friends on Facebook are making jokes about having to swim to work.
Early in 2017, Nevada saw extremely heavy rains and storms, which led to most of the Sparks industrial section being closed off for safety. The people living and working there were prepared, and when the flood waters receded they left "behind a ghost town of boarded up docks and sandbagged garage doors punctuated by pools of knee-deep water."
But what was the damage done?
According to USA Today: "Drainage ditches, sloughs and floodplains throughout the region caused mayhem for homeowners and businesses in south Reno and outlying areas, too."
Property was one serious concern at the time, enough to get Governor Sandoval involved: the Governor "toured the Southeast Connector and the Arlington Street Bridge on Monday afternoon to assess the damage. He said he was pleased with the preparation by the cities, county and state."
What about personal dangers?
"Regional Emergency Medical Services Authority, or REMSA, and the Reno Fire Department performed several rescues from vehicles throughout the night."
Flooded Crawlspace in Home
It can be a real problem here in Reno, especially during heavy rainfall!
Crawlspaces can flood at any time. Additionally. they are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Reno basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Improperly routed rain gutters
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
The flooding in this Reno home was caused by heavy rain runoff. Reno had received record rainfall that week and it overwhelmed the system.
We were onsite within an hour, to inspect the damage, and to begin the water extraction process. In less than four days we had the crawlspace dry. We use advanced inspection and monitoring equipment to determine your home’s structure is actually dry.
If water damage is not handled quickly and properly, it can cause severe damage to your home’s structure, not to mention the potential harmful health effects of mold. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
We are Flooded Crawlspace Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a preferred vendor to many national insurance companies
- Our technicians are highly-trained in water restoration techniques
- We follow s500 IICRC restoration standards
- We have advanced inspection and extraction equipment
Have Questions? Call Us Today – We’re Here To Help – 775-827-9944
For more information and to keep up with our tips, follow SERVPRO on Twitter: @SERVPRO9944
And, stay in the loop on Facebook with us, too: SERVPRO9944
SERVPRO - 24/7 Water Damage Response
SERVPRO Responds 24/7/365
As a 24/7 business SERVPRO of Reno East / Central Sparks is committed to responding to home and business owners' needs, in the case of emergency.
Whether it is water damage from a broken pipe, flooding from a downpour, or any other type of damage to your home or business, SERVPRO of Reno East / Central Sparks is ready to respond “Faster to any size disaster.”
Why is response time so important when it comes to flooding?
Because, the sooner restoration begins, the less damage occurs. Given time, water damages become more complex as water flows in your structure and contents.
Also, with time, water infiltrating your home or business can give mold the moisture it needs to grow.
Call SERVPRO of Reno East / Central Sparks 24/7 to handle those emergencies.
We will begin making them, “Like it never even happened.”
For more information and to keep up with our tips, follow SERVPRO on Twitter: @SERVPRO9944 And, stay in the loop on Facebook with us, too: SERVPRO9944
Flood Damage: Turning Off The Electricity
DETERMINE WHICH BOX YOU HAVE:
Once you open it, if you see…
- Rows of switches means you have a breaker box.
- Fuses are round and will twist into sockets like lightbulbs do.
FINDING A CIRCUIT BREAKER OR FUSE BOX:
To find the circuit breaker, check inside the garage (provided it is safe to do so). If there is a mounted, metal, rectangular box with an opening mechanism, check inside. If you are in an apartment, it may be in a hall or closet. Your fuse box and circuit breaker box may, additionally, be mounted to your home outside where the electricity connects.
TURNING OFF THE POWER:
To turn off the power to a wet area of your home…
- Breaker Box: Inside the breaker box should be a list that tells you which rooms are controlled by each switch. Unplug everything in the affected room.
- Fuse Box: Inside the fuse box there should be a list that tells you which areas of the house are affected by each fuse--just like the breaker box. Find the correct fuse, make a note of it, and then unplug anything in that area of the house BEFORE attempting at a later time to replace the fuse.
JOB SEEKERS: Open Position - Job File Coordinator
Do you love helping people through difficult situations?
Then, don’t miss your chance to join our Franchise as a new Job File Coordinator. In this position you will be making a difference each and every day. We have a sincere drive towards the goal of helping make fire and water damage “Like it never even happened.”
We’re seeking someone who is great on the phone, has excellent analytical skills, is detail-oriented, and is a serious multi-tasker. If you are self-motivated and have superb interpersonal skills, then you’ll thrive in this work environment. Our idea of the ultimate candidate is one who is proactive, is experienced, truly enjoys providing superior service, and loves taking ownership. Are you highly dependable and excited about routinely exceeding expectations? Then you may be our perfect hero!
· Monitor job file status
· Monitor job file audit status
· Maintain job file WIPs
· Monitor and ensure client requirements are followed
· Review and validate initial field documentation
· Create preliminary estimates for water, fire, storm, mold, or other damage that SERVPRO handles.
· Daily job file coordination
· Perform job file backup
· Maintain internal and external communications
· Prepare job file reports
· Complete and review job file documentation for final upload and the audit process
· Complete job file audit process
· Perform job close-out
· Assist other departments, as needed
· 2+ year(s) of administrative or office-related experience
· Experience with writing estimates, job file processes, and quality assurance a plus
· Experience in the service industry environment a plus
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including proper pronunciation and grammar, and a consistently courteous and professional tone of voice at all times
· Polite, confident, and excellent customer service skills, including listening and questioning skills
· Ability to remain calm and professional during tense or stressful situations
· Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
· Very self-motivated and goal-oriented
· Ability to multi-task
· Capability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented office environment
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel)
· Ability to learn new software, including Xactimate® and proprietary software
· Minimum of HSD/GED preferred
· Ability to successfully complete a background check subject to applicable law
· 40 hours/week, flexible to work overtime when required
Vary between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
Competitive pay based on experience.
Vapor Barriers 101: Everything You Need To Know
A deteriorating vapor barrier can cause serious problems with leaks, mold growth, and pests.
The vast majority of homes in Reno & Sparks area of Nevada are built on crawlspaces. If maintained properly, crawlspaces have advantages over other types of construction.
• It gets the house above the ground, an important point in damp areas.
• It is less expensive than a basement, and comparable to the price of a slab foundation.
• Duct work, plumbing, and electrical can run in the crawl space, which makes them easier to service, and move if necessary.
Proper crawl space maintenance begins outside your home
• Adequate drainage on your property, keeps water away from your foundation.
• Building codes typically require a minimum of 6” fall in ground level, over a distance of 10 feet from the perimeter of the building.
o In addition, inspect for the following:
? Depressions that collect ground water near the house.
? Off-site surface water that flows onto the property.
? Inadequate building offset from adjacent steep slopes, which generate increased surface water run-off.
? Malfunctioning downspouts or improper downspout installation.
Crawlspaces can be either ventilated or unventilated
• Ventilated crawlspaces should have:
o A minimum of 1 square foot of venting for every 150 square feet of crawlspace area.
o Plastic sheeting covering the entire crawlspace, with proper overlap, for effectively controlling ground moisture.
• Unventilated crawlspaces require:
o Seals to prevent air leakage between outdoor air and the crawlspace.
o Damp-proofed and insulated perimeter walls.
o Plastic sheeting covering the entire crawlspace, with proper overlap, for effectively controlling ground moisture.
Periodic inspections of your crawlspace are recommended.
Items to inspect for are:
• Standing water on top of vapor barrier.
• Condensation or leaks on water pipes or ductwork.
• Muddy soil.
• Staining on walls from water or efflorescence.
• Sagging or missing insulation.
• Plumbing leaks.
• Musty/moldy or foul odors.
• Deteriorated vapor barrier.
If problems are found in your crawlspace, call SERVPRO of Reno East / Central Sparks at 775-827-9944. We have the technology and training to make any damage to your home, “Like it never even happened.”